Cooooookies! I love cookies. Have you ever tried my oat cookies or the chia cookies? The chia cookies are vegan by the way. But if you want to it is easy to prepare the oat cookies in a vegan manner with just little substitutions. Just swop the butter for coconut oil and instead of eggs you can go for “chia eggs”.
The cookies I’ll make today are easy to prepare and just really delicious. I found a similar recipe at The Simple Veganista.
Vegan almond butter cookies
ca. 30 minutes
ingredients for 1/2 tin:
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. water as egg replacement
- 120g almond butter (I actually mean something like almond mousse which is pureed almonds)
- 60g raw cane sugar OR coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour, e.g. hazelnut or almond flour, if you cannot tolerate those another flour of your choice works as well
- pinch of cardamom and/or cinnamon, optional
Mix the chia seeds with water and leave to thicken. Then mix all remaining ingredients – I feel like it works best if you knead it with your hands (yes, that is sticky!).
Then take some tablespoon sized portions (also works with your dough sticky fingers) and set them on a baking tin that is covered with baking paper. Flatten them with a fork or with your hands. I also used a cookie stamp, but the pattern did not really come to show.
Bake at 180 °C for about 15 to 20 minutes. Leave them to cool down and to become crispy.
Almonds are such an on and off thing with most HIT sufferers and not everybody can do with them. If you are not sure don’t turn into a cookie monster right from the start 😉 But try maybe just small amounts at first. Use cinnamon – if at all – only in small amounts. From experience I can tell cardamom works better.